"b.n." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Joerg Schilling ha scritto:
> > The URLs mentioned did point to disinformation from lwn.net that should be
> > easily identifyable as incorrect claims. If such URLs are published without
> > comment, I asume that the questionair believes the incorrect claims from
> > lwn.net. Would you answer people if they make untrue claims (e.g. by giving
> > uncommented pointers to other peoples incorrect articles) before asking?
>
> Absolutely yes, I'd answer them even *more eagerly* than to others.
> What's the point in telling things to people that already know/agree
> with those things?

This is what I am doing during the last 4 years when some people started the
diffamation campaign against cdrtools.

As a result, I have been told by many people that they don't like to read more
on this topic.

> > Do you know the history? Do you know that since summer 2004, some people
> > (those people who now stand behind "wodim") started to attack the cdrtools
> > project?
>
> *Before* or *after* changing license?

The diffamation campaign started long before I changed the license.

The attacks started with repeated personal insults done by Eduard Bloch after
he asked me to include a UTF-8 related patch from Debian to mkisofs. I checked
the patch and explained him that the patch was buggy and not working. I send
him the error message from the Sun Studio Compiler (gcc did not complain about
the bugs) and at that time, the attacks from  Eduard Bloch started.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)