Daniel Pielmeier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So you successfully unmerged cdrkit, dvd+rw-tools and kino. The
> installation of cdrtools fails because of a broken symlink. I guess the
> /usr/include/scsilib/scg symlink to usr/include/scsilib/usal has not
> been removed with cdrkit and is now broken and the cdrtools installation
> can not overwrite the link. If the output is really red it is indeed a
> broken symlink and you can safely remove it, then try to install
> cdrtools again or use the proposed commands.

Mmmm, cdrtools may create a directory /usr/include/scg/ but the text /scsilib/
is nowhere in cdrtools.

> It should be no problem to install kino again as cdrkit provides the
> same functionality like cdrtools, besides the different amount of

There is no active development in cdrkit, so cdrkit does not provide new
features. If cdrkit did not change libscg in a way that prevents some usage,
you could treat cdrkit like a 3 year old version of cdrtools.

> development that happens on both projects. But i think there was no need
> to remove kino at all when switching to cdrtools, because it has no
> dependency on both apps.

This is correct.

I don't know kino but from looking at freshmeat, it seems that kino has no
relation to cdrtools. Or does kino call "mkisofs"?

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)