On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 14:14:17 +0200, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:

> I find it a bit sad that cdrkit is the preferred cd burning application
> because it satisfies the cdrtools virtual first. This means when you
> have neither cdrkit nor cdrtools installed cdrkit is preferred. However
> i could not find out why. There is nothing in the profiles which defines
> how cdrkit is favored. Maybe someone can point me to the right location.

It is defined in the virtuals file in your profile.

> I think cdrtools should be preferred and not the fork cdrkit!

It depends on the profile, some default to cdrkit, some to cdrtools:

grep virtual/cdrtools /usr/portage/profiles/**/virtuals

--
Neil Bothwick

We are Pentium of Borg.  You will be approximated.  Resistance may or may
not be futile, except on every other Tuesday when it is a definite maybe.