Sebastian Günther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > If you _carefully_ read the GPL (lawyers do it, I did it but Debian
> > doesn't),
> > you will find the following important fact:
> >
> > The GPL uses the phrase "under the terms of this License" in all places
> > except
> > the place where it requires "the scripts used to control compilation" to be
> > made available.
> >

> " The source code for a work means the preferred form of the work for
> making modifications to it.  For an executable work, complete source
> code means all the source code for all modules it contains, plus any
> associated interface definition files, plus the scripts used to
> control compilation and installation of the executable."

I get the impression that you have problems to understand even very obvious
parts of the GPL, it seems that you would need to enhance your english.....

The GPL discriminates between "the work" (which needs to be under GPL)
and "the complete source" which is a superset of "the work" and other parts
that do not need to be under GPL.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)