Jarry schrieb:
Hi,
I just downloaded install-amd64-minimal-2008.0.iso, burned
it, and tried to boot&install. But during boot-up, a message
comes:
____________________________________
>> Determining root device...
!! Could not find the root block device in .
   Please specify another value or: press Enter for the same,
   type "shell" for a shell, or "q" to skip...
root block device() :: _

What am I supposed to do???

It is a common pc, with Asus mobo (nForce4 chipset),
2x sata-disk, 1x sata-dvd, nvidia graphics. Everything
correctly detected in bios and during boot-up.

On the same computer, I could install gentoo-2007 last year,
but unfortunatelly disk has died, so I had to replace it and
install again...

Jarry

There was bug fix release for amd64. See gentoo.org the first news for more info. Perhaps this is for you.