Jarry schrieb:
Justin wrote:
____________________________________
>> Determining root device...
!! Could not find the root block device in .
   Please specify another value or: press Enter for the same,
   type "shell" for a shell, or "q" to skip...
root block device() :: _

There was bug fix release for amd64. See gentoo.org the first news for more info. Perhaps this is for you.

I checked it, but I do not think that bug has something to do with
my problem. That bug (#230998) is a problem of live-cd, and I'm using
minimal install cd.

Besides, there is no updated install-cd, only live-cd. But I'll try
to download 2008.0-r1 live-cd, and install with it.
Jarry

Hey, you are right. YOu can use the livecd like a minimal CD by adding noX to the boot cmdline.