Dale wrote:
True but I have trouble remembering which partition is home and which is portage, until I mount them anyway. It's obvious then. I guess according to another reply that I will have to use something else for resierfs. I guess it can't hurt to much. Worst thing is to have to boot and edit fstab back to the old way. :/

Well bummer, you have to umount it first. O_O That sucks. Somebody tell me it ain't so.

It is so ;P

Best simply boot from the live CD and change the labels there, mount the root partition, change fstab right there and reboot.