I don't have time right now to answer all of your questions, but in
terms of having all machines have the same list of installed packages,
all you probably need is /var/lib/portage/world . This lists all of
the packages that you emerged. I.e. those packages not brought in via
dependencies. If you have the same USE flags set on all machines, then
you should not see the need for new dependencies to be brought in on
any of the non-compile machines.

Hmmm, a simple cat of those three files then, simpler than my idea!

And for the "system" I believe this depends only on the profile chosen, so this profile should be the same on each machine, or then I would have to generate the list of packages in each pc's "system"... I don't see why they should be different so this should not be a concern.

Thanks!