On Sunday 17 August 2008 06:55:42 Dale wrote:
> Even if this script said something belonged to nothing installed, I
> would still check to make sure it was safe to delete.  I also keep
> backups of not only my whole system but also a separate backup of /etc,
> just in case I edit something badly.

I feel that searching for orphaned directories is a better idea and gives a
better success. The few orphaned files sitting in /etc/ and unused don't take
up that much space. But /usr/share/doc/something is a bit of a warning flag.
Find those dirs, judicious use of locate, and you get a much better hit rate
--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com