Hello,

I have two machines with gentoo here. Unfortunately I've been too lazy to setup local portage mirroring (will do it in the not-so-distant future). But right now I'm sync'ing both machines to Gentoos portage mirrors. However they are slightly differently configured; one is set to sync to the european mirrors (rsync.europe.gentoo.org - european rotation server) and the other one is not set so it sync's to whatever the default rotation rsync server points to. Otherwise they are similarly configured (both are used as workstations and powered on only when I use them).

Right now I have a GLSA warning on the european configured one:
200808-12 [N] Postfix: local...

On the other one there is no GLSA warning, although both wants to upgrade to postfix 2.5.5 (I only run them as local mta, using unix socket only and I'm the only user of the machines - no public services are running). This has been like this for about a week now. Does anyone know why this difference occurs? I'm just curious...

Best regards

Peter K