Iain Buchanan wrote:
OK, first lets see that both machines have the same advisory:

glsa-check -l | grep -i postfix

If so, perhaps the "non-affected" machine says [A] or [U]. Could you have already applied an update? Perhaps the update was in a pre 2.5.5 version of postfix that you applied to one machine only?

Ah, yes. I've updated the european one to Postfix 2.4.9 but the other one is still 2.4.7-r1. Strange though that 2.4.9 gives me the warning and not 2.4.7-r1, but I guess that only the 2.4.9 version has the local privilege escalation bug.

Ok, thanks for clearing this up!

Best regards

Peter K, missing his thinking cap... ;-)