On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 1:32 PM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> sorry, I missed to say, that I am using the vanilla kernel from
> ftp.kernel.org. I am not using the gentoo kernel sources...

Hi Meino,

I think it should be the same. I don't use genkernel or anything, but
I do use gentoo-sources. I manually make menuconfig, make install,
make modules_install. I believe that as long as /usr/src/linux
symlinnk is pointing at your new kernel, emerging modules should use
that one. Like I showed in my example, I do everything before reboot,
and when I reboot it all works with the new kernel, including
nvidia-drivers.

Thanks,
Paul