On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 11:08:57AM +0200, Alexander Puchmayr wrote:
> Since I'm using the box as desktop, I have only a frozen X-server and no
> possibility to switch to console (maybe there's some hint whats happened?).
>
> How do I find out what happened, why it crashed? Modern systems have
> MCE-logs, but how do I read it in this case? After reboot, all information
> seems to be gone since mcelog is always empty.
>     Alex

If it's a kernel panic you actually get debugging information on the
console. It's just hidden "behind" the X server. Maybe you can reproduce
the problem working without X (If you can do your work purely from the
VTs)

Do you use any proprietary drivers?

        -Erik

--
hackerkey://v4sw5hw2ln3pr5ck0ma2u7LwXm4l7Gi2e2t4b7Ken4/7a16s0r1p-5.62/-6.56g5OR