On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 16:20 -0800, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Neil Bothwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 14:57:48 -0800, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> >
> >> Server was also nice because I could create new VMs with it, which
> >> Workstation would not do.
> >
> > Really? I created three today.
> >

> Maybe now.  But when I made the choice, workstation would not do that.
> I'm gonna wait for my workstation download (30 mins or so), then try all the
> things you better-informed folks have suggested.
>
> I had no idea about the order of emerge.  Tricky.
>
> ++ kevin

Ive never known workstation to not do it - you may have configuration
issues!

Am in the process of upgrading from 5 to 6.5 this morning on my work
laptop :)

1, 3_>4->5 have all created VM's for me, and so should 6 (its actually
my justification to the boss for purchase, creating VM's compatible with
the latest vmware)

I use qemu at home and its lot easier to deal with than vmware - but its
slightly slower than vmware (I use win2k in it there) and USB is not in
the same class so its not suitable for everything :(

BillK