On 12/4/08, KH <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Some weeks ago I bought Samsung clp-300 color laser printer for less
> than 130 Euros.  I use cups and I don't have any problems. Did not have
> to by new "color" jet. I have been told I can print 7000 pages before I
> have to :-)
> You can go cheap and good. The model is from 2006 or so.

I have bad experiences with Samsung, though not with that exact model.
Samsung proprietary driver may be some sort of world record of ugly
hacks and hairy stuff. See, e.g., Gentoo bug #139715 and all the
complaints from Samsung-trying Linux-users in the blogosphere /
Intertubes.

But I'm glad if they've fixed their stuff recently.

--
Arttu V.