On 2008-12-04, Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a friend that owned a business that was closed on weekends.
> Every Monday we had to fan the paper and take out the toner cartridge
> and give it a little shake.  I have heard that if it is a humid location
> that you either have to leave the printer on or print a lot.  The claim
> was the toner would start to clump from the moister in the air.  I have
> never seen that happen myself.

I've had an HP LaserJet 1200 for about 4-5 years now.  I only
print once or twice a month, and I've never had a single
problem. It's still on the original toner cartridge, and I
don't think I've even got through an entire ream of paper yet.

It does Postscript, and there's a .ppd file for it, so it "just
works" with CUPS.  It gets pretty hot/humid in the summer and
pretty cold/dry in the winter, and it doesn't seem to affect
the printer.

It doesn't do color, but I write all my code in black and white
anyway...

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I have the power to
                                  at               HALT PRODUCTION on all