Michael Higgins schrieb am 11.12.2008 20:54:
> On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 19:39:34 +0100
> Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielme...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> and why do you blame Gentoo in
>> bug #250632?
>>

> Because I don't know how to find out where the problem comes from. They at
> BGO say it is in overlay, resolved the bug "invalid". Fine with me.
>
> However, it pretty much confirms, by omission, that there are no
> plans/actions by the gentoo tree maintainers to address perl 5.10.0, I have
> to assume, or someone would have mentioned it. (But how to find out for
> sure?)
>
> And anyone else who runs into this (I must be the only one, though) will see
> a resolved bug. Is that a problem..??
>
> Please accept my apologies for the noise. I'll never "blame Gentoo" again!

Well the bug was resolved as invalid as the ebuild is from an overlay
(although Gentoo developers contribute to that one) and that are not
supported.

I think you just expressed yourself in the wrong way and you did not
provide all the necessary information in your report.

When looking at the MRO-Compat perl script it says need 5.006. So I
think perl-5.10 is really an unnecessary high dependency.

And as you may have seen that bug has been reopened (comment 4) after my
comment and your issue is now resolved (comment 5) by removing this
dependency.

Regards,

Daniel