On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Willie Wong <ww...@princeton.edu> wrote:
> Hum, I seem to have made an erroneous assumption.
>
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:38:05AM -0500, Willie Wong wrote:
>> The problem with this last one is not --deep. It is --update.
>
> Nevermind, I looked at the changelogs for openoffice and
> dev-perl/Archive-Zip, and frankly, I am pretty sure what I said was
> completely wrong in this situation. And also, frankly, I am becoming
> as confused as you are about your problem.

I "downgraded" to File-Spec-3.29 (actually an upgrade) which in turn
emerged/updated the rest of that bunch of perl-related packages. Now
I'm re-emerging openoffice-3.0.0 since it appears to be using a newer
set of the go-oo.org patches (despite the lack of version number
change). Plus it is always fun to see how long it takes to build one
of the biggest packages there is. I have emerged it twice in the past,
the first was 1hr33m the second was 1hr55m, so I hope this one won't
exceed 2h.