On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 5:38 PM, Paul Hartman
<paul.hartman+gen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 6:47 PM, Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:30:38 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
>>
>>> I give up. I'm at 17 packages I have to unmask and I don't know how to
>>> get portage to give me the list of all packages that have to be
>>> unmasked.
>>
>> emerge autounmask.
>
> seconded, autounmask is the best invention since electricity :)

Yeah - once I figured out what it was doing it was a perfect solution.
I ended up with 31 packages added to package.keywords and 12 to
package.unmask. Big time saver.

The one thing I'm not liking about it was it is that it created
/etc/portagexs which now stops me from bash auto-completing my tab
commands the way I'm used to doing it for all these years. A trade
off...

thanks,
Mark