Hi all,
I've had a look on the web but can't seem to find any instructions on how to do the patching of ebuilds. I have the situation where I've tried to install the media centre app MMSV2. I've done the emerge, a lot of dependent functionality was compiled and now it's up to compiling the actual MMSV2. When compiling, an error happens. I had a look in bugs.gentoo.org and there is a bug in there that covers, I think, the failure.

Attached to the bug is a patch that someone has developed. I now want to use this patch to patch the ebuild and see if it really does fix the problem. My problem is that I don't know the actual steps needed to do the patching. I know about the patch utility but I don't know where the actual files are, and how I should do the patching so that Portage does not view the patched files as corrupt and therefore won't do the emerge.

If someone can tell me how, or point me to a webpage that tells me how, to do the patching it would be greatly appreciated.

        Regards,
                Andrew