On Tuesday 03 February 2009 06:53:22 Dirk Uys wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to emerge kde-4.2, but the kde-base/systemsettings-4.2.0
> ebuild fails:

<snipped>

> I have the latest version of libXi (1.2.0). I tried searching the net,
> but the only answer I got was that some guy on the kde forums had the
> same problem and resolved it by installing the latest version of libXi
> from the repository.
>
> Have anyone else successfully built kde4.2?

Today succesfully installed kde4.2 on amd64.
I first removed my old KDE completely and then installed it on a clean system.

Only reinstalling the old kde libs for programs that have not yet been ported
to kde4.2.

Not run into any problems so far. Did have to unmask (~amd64) quite a few
packages to get it to install.

--
Joost