On 2009-02-04, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This thread is not complete without the obligatory link:
>
> http://funroll-loops.info/

Brilliant! I really like this one:

   To me, an extra 0.1% performance increase, even if I am only
   imagining it to be faster, is certainly worth one day a week
   recompiling all of the latest packages from source code. Even
   if I do occasionally get my CFLAGS in a muddle!

And this one pretty much echos my feelings:

   Real Gentoo users understand, it's not about
   OPTIMILAZIATIONS, it's about USE flags.

Apparently I'm one of the "people who think Gentoo rules
because they can't use RPM properly".

;)

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! This PORCUPINE knows
                                  at               his ZIPCODE ... And he has