On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Joshua D Doll <joshua.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Saphirus Sage wrote:
>>
>> Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>>

>>> http://video.linuxfoundation.org/video/1069
>>>
>>> I found it quite interesting that even Gentoo beat Canonical in the
>>> amount of patches contributed upstream...
>>>

>> Good find, I actually didn't know about E-Trade using Gentoo servers. I
>> don't think it should be too surprising that Gentoo would contribute
>> more patches than Conical, as until today, I'd only actually heard of
>> one of them.
>>

> This video brought up an interesting question by my friend (an ubuntu user).
> How would one go about getting Canonical or the ubuntu community to change
> their practice of not contributing fixes back upstream? Without having to
> change distributions.

I was sure I'd read something about Shuttleworth saying they were
going to start doing upstream fixes as it was one of their biggest
critisisms, and a quick google showed me this:

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2008/09/canonical-to-fund-upstream-linux-usability-improvements.ars

I haven't actually watched the linked video yet (as at work), but I
think my link is still on topic.