Am Tuesday 17 March 2009 15:45:00 schrieb Daniel Troeder:
> On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 11:56 +0100, Zoltán Füves wrote:
> > Hi All!
> >
> >  I tried to emerge google earth / both from  x86 and ~x86 and I have
> > 32 bit cpu /, and it completed successfully but when I ran the program
> > it complain about  could not access to the GPU or the card has not
> > enough memory to run GE, but it has because the minimum is 16 and it
> > has 128 Mb :). So I think somehow the program doesn't have right
> > access to the GPU or it has a bug  / when I start it crash
> > immediately/ . Has somebody the some experience about that?
> >
> > Thanks your time and advise!
> >
> > Z.
>
> I have the same problem (on amd64): using the radeon or radeonhd driver
> you don't have 3D acceleration, and it seems googleearth detects this
> somehow :(
>
> I can use glxgears and crack-attack with software-3D though...
>
> No clue,
> Daniel

Hi
I also played around with googleearth a long time and found the following
solution.
I use amd64
xorg-server-1.5.3-r5
xf86-video-ati-6.11.0
googleearth-5.0.11337.1968_beta
gentoo-sources-2.6.28-r3

I didn't get older versions of googleearth to run, they crash at startup.
There are two important configuration options.
The first ist with driconf gui
Disable Low-impact fallback yes
and the second is in xorg.conf
without this option everything is flickering when I move the mouse
Section "ServerFlags"
        Option GlxVisuals"              "all"
EndSection

Hope this can help you
If you need more config options just mail me

Günter