090322 Francesco Talamona wrote:
> I used LVM paired with soft RAID & when I needed to boot from a liveCD
> I discovered that I had to rebuild the setup by hand.

I recently had a small problem with start-up caused by a PPP glitch
& accessed the box with System Rescue 1.1.0 on a CD.
I was surprised that it recognised my LVM set-up without any problem,
which allowed me to mount the volume containing  /etc  & fix the PPP set-up.

I installed LVM when I built the machine 0710
& have had no problem of any kind with it so far.

My CAD 0,02 ...

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca