Hi,

In short: what should I do to enable eselect-news?

A friend of mine told me portage had alerted him there was news about
available xorg-server upgrade after "emerge --sync" yesterday.

I re-synced from the same mirror, but nothing happened. We both have the
same versions of portage and eselect.

sys-apps/portage-2.1.6.7 USE="-build -doc -epydoc (-selinux)"
LINGUAS="-pl" 0 kB
app-admin/eselect-1.0.11-r1 USE="bash-completion vim-syntax -doc" 0 kB
app-admin/eselect-news-20080320  0 kB

The only difference we were able to find was that his
directory /var/gentoo/news had some entries, while mine was empty.

--
Best regards,
Daniel