Sebastian Günther wrote:
> * Dale (rdalek1...@gmail.com) [07.04.09 15:58]:
>
>> This is not working for me either.  Is this a option that I have to
>> enable in make.conf or something?  I did my sync last Saturday so it may
>> be that the news was after I sync'ed and I missed it.
>>

> read the whole thread, dale:
>
> These news are, logically, in /usr/portage/metadata/news/
>
> I bet you can find them there.

I saw something in there about SPARC which is not me.  I'm x86 here.

>> r...@smoker / # eselect news list
>>
>> Unread news items:
>>   (none found)
>> Read news items:
>>   (none found)
>> r...@smoker / #
>>

> Are you using tetex? Are you using xorg-server < 1.5?
>
> I bet not, so no news for you...
>

>> Thanks.
>>
>> Dale
>>

> Sebastian

I'm not using it yet but from what I have read it is coming pretty
fast.  I also subscribe to -dev so I saw it there.  I would hope it
would warn me BEFORE it upgraded instead of after.  After all, if it
borks my system then tells me, that's not good.

Jeepers, another command to remember.  :-p

Dale

:-)  :-)