> You gotta use a "delay" (or "wait", can't remember exactly)
> parameter
> for the kernel to wait while the disc is recognized, dunno
> exactly,
> but 2 to 5 seconds should be enough. I have an EEE 701 and

Well there's a 10 sec 'timeout' but I can make that infinite by hitting the
arrow key. That didn't help. And the 'pause' command, but that just waits for
another keystroke.

Are you talking about something that goes in the kernel line? Some sort of
parameter or option that goes after root=/dev/sdn?

http://www.flickr.com/gift/