On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 16:51, maxim wexler <bliss...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Well, it seems your kernel lacks support for the disks. Are
>> you sure
>> you compiled in all the necessary USB, SATA disk support?
>
> Still panics
>
> chrooted, ran make menuconfig, make && make modules_install and copied over
> the kernel three more times. Attached find the latest iteration of the config.
>
>> Are you
>> using an initrd?
>
> No, never used one on a gentoo box before. That's a fedora thing, isn't it?

Just to be sure no needed modules would be missing. I use initrd on my
Gentoo boxes, nothing wrong with it... Fedora thing?! That's a linux
kernel thing (or maybe option), anyway, I'm lazy enough to use
genkernel, lol.

Don't you need SATA support for this drives to work? Seems yours is missing:

# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE_SATA is not set
# CONFIG_SATA_AHCI is not set
# CONFIG_SATA_PMP is not se

Not sure, anyway, try it...