James wrote:
> Hello,
>
> One of my gentoo users only uses and external mouse
> and hates the synaptics pad.
>
> I cannot get rid of the input being active from the
> synaptics pad.
>

> make.conf has this entry:
> INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev"
> VIDEO_CARDS="fbdev fglrx  vesa"
>

> In xorg.conf I have it explicitly disabled:
>
> #       InputDevice     "Synaptics" "AlwaysCore"
>

> Here is what is installed:
> ati-drivers 8.32.5
> kde-3.5.9
> xorg-x11-7.4
>

> It has this video chip:
> Radeon XPRESS 200M 5955 (PCIE)
>

> Any ideas how to disable the synaptics pad?
>
> James

I'm not entirely sure that's a proper way to disable the synaptics pad,
as you don't seem to have removed xorg's ability to load the driver. I'd
suggest just #'ing out the whole InputDevice section relating to the
synaptics pad, and running emerge -C synaptics or emerge -C
xf86-input-synaptics, depending on which driver you're using. That
should completely remove your ability to use the synaptic touch pad.