No I did not have my money in a dodgy bank but I can no longer play Sigur Ros
albums. When the CD is ripped onto the HD the file names contain accented
characters and Amarok 2 says the directory/file does not exist. Formerly this
was possible, so I am guessing converting to KDE4 may have been the culprit.
My locale is set up thus:

$ locale
LANG=en_GB.utf8
LC_CTYPE="en_GB.utf8"
etc...

Dolphin shows file names like: Sigur Ros - 07 - Vi�rar Vel Til Loft�r�sa.mp3
When I use a browser I can see the special characters and can copy them to
this mail: Ágætis byrjun. I added "is" and some other things to LINGUAS and
re-installed kde-l10n but no accents. What is the trick with this?

TIA
-Robin
Robin Atwood.

         from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling