On Thursday 27 August 2009 11:07:24 Xavier Parizet wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I had some problem with /var/db/pkg : it's empty. So, how can i fix this
> without rebuilding world and system from scratch ?

You need to rebuild world from scratch :-)

Portage has now no way of knowing what you had. If emerge world does not work
for some reason, you will have to:

1. download a recent suitable stage tarball
2. Back up everything that tarball might want to overwrite
3. Unpack that tarball to /
4. Put critical files back that the stage overwrote
5. emerge world

You might also want to do all this in a chroot off a LiveCD

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com