>> I was just reading about the Bogon List here:
>>
>> http://www.webmasterworld.com/webmaster/3978016.htm
>>
>> and I'm wondering if I could be using it on my Gentoo server in any
>> software I'm running.  Does anyone know if it shows up in the
>> shorewall or apache2 config anywhere?
>>
>> - Grant
>>

> If I were going to attempt to use it and didn't want to maintain it, I'd use
> this service.
>
> http://www.team-cymru.org/Services/Bogons/routeserver.html
>
> Then it's a matter of peering with their route server and injecting null
> routes into your routing table.... which might be complicated if you weren't
> a network engineer at an ISP in another life. :-) It's not actually that
> hard, but most of the documentation assumes you have some idea how more than
> just static routing works.
>
> Or you can just cron a weekly/monthly wget of
> http://www.cymru.com/Documents/bogon-bn-agg.txt and set it to alert you if
> the md5sum changes.
>
> kashani

I should have been more specific.  That link I posted discusses how
blocking the Bogon List can cause problems as some of the IPs on the
list come into use.  I'd like to not use it at all, and I'm wondering
if I'm using it as part of a default setup of shorewall, apache2, or
other software.  Do you know of any software that uses it by default?

- Grant