Hi,
   I'm wondering whether these stats are correct? They are captured
from this page:

http://archives.gentoo.org/

   If these stats are both correct and complete then I find them
interesting, and maybe a bit disappointing. If they are incorrect then
nothing below matters.

   Not meaning to cause too much of a hubbub but I was surprised at
how much email traffic has fallen off for the Gentoo lists over the
last couple of years. I suspect that some of this is folks moving to
less technical environments - maybe Ubuntu or Arch - but still I was
surprised that it was something like a 60% drop since the high in
2006. I was also surprised at the drop off on gentoo-dev as it sort of
correlates with my impression of bugs not being addressed as fast
these days.

   Again, I don't want to cause some sort of flame war here. I
personally love the distro and as I look at building a new i5 or i7
based machine I suspect it will be much faster to build and maintain
Gentoo. I'd like to see the traffic growing, not falling.

   Maybe someone has written something on this already?

Just observing,
Mark

gentoo-dev
2009, 3743 emails