On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 11:34:31AM +0530, Penguin Lover Kaushal Shriyan
squawked:
> On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 1:09 AM, Joshua Murphy<poiso...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 7:12 AM, Kaushal Shriyan<kaushalshri...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >> export AUTOSSH_GATETIME=0
> >> export AUTOSSH_POLL=100
> >> export AUTOSSH_PORT=20020
> >> export AUTOSSH_DEBUG=1
> >>
> > Where are you starting autossh from? The AUTOSSH_POLL variable in your
> > .bashrc is, it would appear, being disregarded in whatever context
> > autossh is starting in, otherwise you'd be seeing an up to 1 minute,
> > 40 second delay on reconnecting, not 10 minutes.
> I am starting autossh somehost from the same gnome-terminal tab
> session where my .bashrc is located
>
> Any further clue ?

Did you open a new gnome-terminal after editing .bashrc?

In the same terminal, what is the output when you type

env | grep AUTOSSH

?

Fahnestock's Rule for failure:
  If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1006 days,  7:37