On Friday 11 September 2009, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 09/11/2009 08:08 PM, Paul Hartman wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Nikos Chantziaras<rea...@arcor.de>
wrote:

> >> If you start screen, then do "export TERM=xterm", does that fix the
> >> issues?
> >
> > So far that seems to fix it for me! But it's a very random and
> > non-reproducible error so only time will tell. mc froze on startup for
> > me just now (with TERM=screen) 5 times in a row; set TERM=xterm and mc
> > started without problem 5 times in a row. So that's a good sign, I
> > think.
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> I use that trick to get mouse support in mc under screen.  Just thought
> it might solve even more issues.

I remember fixing a problem which may be related to this, by cp /etc/screenrc
~/.screenrc and then editing ~/.screenrc to add lines like:

  termcap  rxvt hs@:cs=\E[%i%d;%dr:im=\E[4h:ei=\E[4l
  terminfo rxvt hs@:cs=\E[%i%p1%d;%p2%dr:im=\E[4h:ei=\E[4l

under 'xterm tweaks'; this is because echo $TERM shows that my terminal is
rxvt - yours may be different.
--
Regards,
Mick