090924 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
> On Donnerstag 24 September 2009, Philip Webb wrote:
>> Gwenview : can one view hidden files ? -- it's under 'view' in 3.5.10
>> & also assigned to Control-H , but nowhere to be seen in 4.3.1 .
> it is a bug.  If you search for it you'll find it.

I plan to add to the Konsole bug re 'geometry' & look up other bugs,
when I've finished basic exploration & testing.

>> Kcontrol : might this help with configuring KDE 4.3.1 apps ?
> no.  kcontrol is just a couple of kcm*.so.
> You need systemsettings if you want to change anything the easy way.
> There is always the hard one - edit config files....

Actually, that's what I might look into: Kcontrol is its dependency.

>> & would like to have smaller icons & no accompanying descriptions.
> you can change it to do that ;)

So how (smile) ? -- ie without running the KDE 4 desktop.

Thanks for your clear & helpful advice.

PS does anyone have advice re the 3rd issue, Kworldclock vs Marble ?

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca