Hi,

after i updated my kernel to version 2.6.31-r1 (gentoo-sources) there is no
device /dev/dvd.
Before updating the kernel there was a device /dev/dvd linked to /dev/sr0.

Which drivers / settings are required to enabel IDE CD-Rom devices?

-> Device Drivers
    -> ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL support
        -> generic ATA/ATAPI disk support      Y
            -> ATA disk support                      Y
        -> lagacy /proc/ide/ support              Y
        -> AMD and nVidia IDE support          Y             I use a nVidia
chipset
        -> Include IDE/ATAPI CDROM support   ?            Do I need this?
    -> SCSI device support
        -> SCSI CDROM support                    Y
            -> Enable vendor-specific extensions  Y

Thanks and best regards,
Christoph