On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 13:09:00 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:

> I've seen you guys talk about this and I've never had to use it. I'm
> curious about the actual key strokes. Is it
>
> Alt-SysRq and then REISUB
>
> or
>
> Alt-SysRq followed by Atl-R, Atl-E, etc.. ?

Hold down Alt-SysRq while pressing REISUB in sequence. Pause between
each to let them do their thing, especially is the machine is heavily
loaded. If you can get back to the first VC, it will output a line as
each keystroke's task completes, so you can be sure your filesystems are
synced and unmounted before rebooting.

--
Neil Bothwick

Smoking Can Damage Your Health....Unless us Non-Smokers do it first!