Jesús Guerrero <i92guboj <at> terra.es> writes:

> You can't since you want to use ati-driver/fglrx. The fglrx is not part of
> the kernel, it's only shipped in the form of a binary-only closed source
> kernel module. fglrx doesn't need (and most likely will fail as you see)
> the in-kernel radeon drm driver. So, either disable radeon AND drm in your
> kernel, or build them as modules and make sure that they are not loaded
> before you try to load fglrx.

As usually Volker was right. Thanks for this explanation....
With a mixture of open sourced and ati-driver systems,
sometimes I get confused...... or careless.

One final question. When I run this command:
emerge -1 $(qlist -I x11-drivers)

I get this error:
'x11-drivers/ati-drivers' is not a valid package atom
Please check ebuild(5) for full details.

yet 'emerge x11-drivers/ati-drivers'
works fine as a one line command....

Is this a bug? My bad (syntax)?

James