----- Original Message -----
  From: Kevin O'Gorman
  To: gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org
  Sent: Saturday, October 17, 2009 3:51 PM
  Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Desperately seeking modelines;
xorg1.6.3.901-r2bleeds off the edges

  On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Richard Marza <richardmar...@optonline.net>
wrote:

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Kevin O'Gorman
      To: gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org
      Sent: Saturday, October 17, 2009 3:26 PM
      Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Desperately seeking modelines; xorg
1.6.3.901-r2bleeds off the edges

      On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 12:18 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com>
wrote:

        On Saturday 17 October 2009 20:58:00 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:

        > Modifying the monitor section made no noticeable change.  There's
still a
        > 24-pixel bleed off the right edge to begin with.  I can fool with
settings
        > to make it bleed left instead, but there's no setting that affects
pixel
        > spacing.  I like the cleaner monitor section, though.
        >
        > I'm back to thinking about modelines.  Any better ideas?

        I'd try adjust the frequencies first, then try modelines.

        --
        alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

      I'd try that too if I had a clue how to do it, let alone do it safely.
Got any pointers to FMs?

      If you have a flat panel it will not mess up your monitor because they
have safeguards against that and also modelines don't go in the monitor or
screens  section...they go in the modes section...did u try what i mentioned in
my last post.

  It's a flat panel.

  I did not know what to do with your last post, as the modelines were not
acceptable.
  The actual rates the monitor is showing now are 54.2KHz and 60.2Hz, which are
well within specs.

  I chose the section from memory.  In the pre-Xorg-pre-XFree days I seem to
recall using different modelines at different depths.
  Modes section all by itself, not a subsection?  I'll try that.

  --
  Kevin O'Gorman, PhD

18:39:00

  If it was a subsection my post would have stated EndSubSection or something
similar...Place the modes section after the InputDevice Section. Get your own
modes...using gtf and slip them into the modes section like so:

  Section "Modes"
          Identifier      "16:10"
          <you modeline here>
  EndSection

  But remember, you can leave out or specify the identifier ratios depending on
whether it will work for you or not.