On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 12:17:46 -0600, Maxim Wexler wrote:

> > Why not copy over the .29 config and run make oldconfig?
>
> I thought of that, but isn't there too much difference in the
> versions? I read somewhere that taking to big a leap between versions
> is unsafe.

0.0.01 is hardly a big leap! You wouldn't want to use oldconfig in a big
jump, say from 2.4 to 2.6, but for incremental versions it is the best
approach. There is far more chance of you messing things up in a new,
from scratch config than using oldconfig.

> Not to mention the great whack of new options. If you do a
> diff -y between the two configs there are lots of gaps.

That's precisely what oldconfig deals with.

--
Neil Bothwick

Custer was fitted for an Arrow shirt.