On Sunday 25 October 2009 14:49:29 Alan E. Davis wrote:
> I finally was able to emerge -NuDav world, and revdep-rebuild passed the
> system as clean.  However, when I try emerge -uDav world again, that same
> message, or some permutation of it, is presented.
>
> I have set the flags "dbus qt3support qt3 qt4" and so on.  So that's not
> it.
>
> I unmerged a number of the involved packages, that looked something like
> "qt-*".  I did this just before running the more or less successful "emerge
> -NuDav world".  A week ago, I ran "emerge -e world".  Perhaps I need to do
> this again.
>
> I've read a plethora of postings, such as a sticky post on the Gentoo
> Forums, and some of these emails, as well as googling, and tried several
> things.
>
> When this all began, about three weeks ago, or longer, I noticed problems
> with
>
>    hplip
>    python
>
> I have python 3.1 and python 2.6 installed,  Some advice was seen to make
> sure eselect is pointing to 2.6.  I also ran python-updater.
>
> A new work week is starting, my system is responding normally, I will avoid
> KDE4, and type this all shakes itself out, over the next week or so.
>
> Thank you to those who have helped.  Good luck to others.

Did you try the most straightforward (albeit lengthy) approach:

unmerge all of Qt
emerge world and let portage figure out what it wants to put back

There is seldom a good reason to have Qt packages in world (dev packages
excepted) and recent changes in the ebuild have caused lots of mutual
blockers. When I first went through this, I saw that almost all qt-* packages
would be rebuilt on my machines. It seemed easier to restart with a clean
slate. I got a blocker notice which said I had to enable various flags, which
I did and the merge completed flawlessly.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com