On Thursday 29 October 2009 17:04:47 James wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've decided to just completely remove kde4(sets)
> and install kde4-meta.
>

> Are there any tricks to remove all of kde4, or do
> I have to do it manually?

A set is nothing more than a list of packages. You can even think of it as
putting the entire set in world, with the additional feature of portage
knowing what is in a set (so you cna merge and unmerge it with one command.

Remove the offending lines from /var/lib/portage/world_sets, then merge the
-meta packages you want, finally --depclean to take away those you don't want.
--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com