Daniel da Veiga wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 08:45, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> daid kahl wrote:
>>
>> Sounds like he may as well use that genkernel thingy that Gentoo has.
>> It never has worked for me but he may have better luck.  It may even
>> work on the first try.  LOL
>>

> I've been using genkernel for 4+ years, of course had some problema
> along the way, nothing that couldn't be handle.
>
> I find it really easy to use.
>
> Yeah, it worked first time, some tweaking later and BANG! It was perfect!

I tried that thing several times in its early days, it never made a
kernel that would even boot up.  I did better doing mine by hand.  I
have not tried it recently so I am sure it has improved a lot by now.
It may build a mighty fine kernel now but I can do the same thing with
oldconfig and know for sure what I am getting.

Dale

:-)  :-)