1) If I enable "x86 PAT support" can I drop MTRR support?  They seem
to duplicate function.

  2) I notice that "scsi_wait_scan" *ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS* shows up as
a module when I compile.  Is there a way to compile it in?  It does not
show up as a menu item anywhere.  Even if I manually go into .config
with vim, and change the entry to...

CONFIG_SCSI_WAIT_SCAN=y

it *STILL* builds as a module.  I've de-crapified my kernel, but what it
needs, I prefer to build into the kernel itself.  My bootup menu has 2
entries.  The first (default) is "Production", and the second is
"Experimental".  I do my screwing around with the experimental version.
If it dies during bootup, I can always go back to production, and
restore from a backup copy of .config.  If the experimental kernel runs
OK for a couple of weeks, I promote it to production.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>