2009/11/12 Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>:
>  2) I notice that "scsi_wait_scan" *ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS* shows up as
> a module when I compile.  Is there a way to compile it in?

No, due to the nature of what it does. It is designed to be loaded
after the modules that start probing hardware, to ensure they find the
device holding your root filesystem before booting continues. If your
SCSI drivers are built in, or you don't do async scanning, then you
don't need it.

Take a look at the help for SCSI_SCAN_ASYNC and in the comments by its
entry in drivers/scsi/Kconfig for more info.

Cheers,
Duane.

--
"I never could learn to drink that blood and call it wine" - Bob Dylan