Peter Humphrey wrote:
On Wednesday 02 December 2009 01:25:16 David Relson wrote:

For grins, whenever I restart my computer I run hwinfo, lshw, lspci,
and a variety of other utilities and save the results.

Good God. I hope you don't do that more than once a decade. Just how long can a life be?

Unless he changes hardware while it is shutdown. I don't think the drivers have ever changed on my system since I built it. I have had to add a couple, ethernet card and a SATA card, but other than that, it should be the same.

I have to say tho, booting a CD and doing lspci -k or -v is the best way to get the right drivers. That is providing the hardware works when that is done.

Dale

:-) :-)