Hi everyone!

I need to build a static binary of a program I wrote. The problem is
that most packages only install dynamic version of the libraries. There
are the "static" and "static-libs" USE flags, but only a tiny fraction
of packages support them. Modifying every relevant ebuild is not really
a viable solution since the list of packages is quite long and could
change later.

So what can I do if I'd like to avoid compiling every package manually?

Cheers,
Renat

--
Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise loesen,
durch die sie entstanden sind.