Alan McKinnon wrote:
On Thursday 07 January 2010 21:19:27 Stroller wrote:
I hope my above statements don't sound nasty, but you want 3.5, Alan [1] wants KDE 4. The various developers upstream of you and Alan - i.e. both KDE and Gentoo - don't have time to work on both. So they have each chosen where to spend their time, and that's on KDE 4.

[snip]

[1] Some hypothetical Alan who does not really exist.

Ahem <cough><cough>

I *think*, but not sure, that I feel offended by being mythicalisized[2]

[2] Some hypothetical word that truly does not exist.

Lucky for us, the Red hats and SuSEs of this world will maintain at least critical security flaws in KDE-3.5 that Gentoo users can import into kde-
sunset: those distros shipped KDE-3.5 and are still actively supported

Should we also assume that Redhat and SuSE is doing that support, not KDE who is the one that dropped KDE 3.5 ??

Dale

:-) :-)